I adapted this recipe for white chocolate brownies from one of Nigella‘s. Here’s how:
- Melted 3oz unsalted butter with 100g white chocolate (I used my favourite Green & Black’s).
- Whisked 2 duck eggs with 6oz granulated sugar until thick and creamy.
- Beat in the cooled chocolate and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Folded in 6 oz plain flour (1/2 wholemeal spelt & 1/2 gluten free) with 1 tsp salt.
- Stirred in 4oz chopped walnuts.
- Turned this into a buttered 25cm x 20cm tin and baked at 170°C (gas 4) for 20 mins.
The results were lush and sumptuous. Pleasingly squidgy in the middle with a light and crisp top and the sweetness tempered by the generous helping of crunchy walnuts.